Braces for kids can be a valuable investment not only in their smiles but also in their dental health. Though many don’t initially realize it, the use of braces can help to support good, long-term dental health. That includes the use of traditional braces or newer aligners. It’s a big decision, though. At Lovett Dental North Heights, we don’t want to rush that decision, but you should learn all about these braces and why they may help your child.
Dental Braces for Kids Offer Numerous Benefits
Each child’s outcome with braces depends on factors such as their current condition and how well they adapt to using these products. However, many kids seek outstanding improvements over time. Take a look at some of the most common benefits of using dental braces for kids.
- Reduce tooth decay risks. When a person has misaligned teeth, that can strain the other teeth, and it makes it very difficult to properly clean those teeth. This can cause early decay, leading to potential invasive cleanings and tooth loss if untreated.
- Braces protect gum health, too. The gums are very susceptible to damage from bacteria. Most kids with problems such as crowding or gaps are at risk for gum disease even if they brush well due to these problems.
- Braces minimize jawbone loss. Another key advantage of using braces is reducing the risk of early bone loss. That can happen, for example, when gaps occur. This allows for the surrounding teeth to enter those spaces, causing misalignment and increasing the risk of early decay.
Pediatric Braces Can Significantly Improve Confidence
Another key reason to consider pediatric braces is how they can help boost your child’s self-esteem. Many kids who have misaligned teeth struggle with speech. They may face ridicule from other kids if the problems are significantly noticeable or cause changes in speech patterns. More so, they may feel so self-conscious about their teeth that they are less likely to talk to other kids, engage in activities, and smile for photos. Over time, that can cause significant damage to their overall mental health. Sometimes, those problems carry over into adulthood when fixing misalignments is much more challenging to do.
The good news is today’s bracing technology is more advanced than ever. Many products are competitively priced and can be used for a shorter period of time to get the changes sooner. Some products are clear, which makes them hard for anyone to notice they are there. That can give your son or daughter more confidence in getting braces to fix the problems present.
How to Get Dental Braces in Houston, Texas
Making the decision to get braces is not one to make quickly or lightly. Instead, reach out to our pediatric dental team to start the process. We’ll provide a full exam and X-ray to determine if your child could benefit from the use of braces. We also have technology that can give you more insight into what the outcome of braces may be for your child.
Rely on our team at Lovett Dental North Heights to ensure your child has the smile he or she needs. We offer a wide range of services to help, including:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dental services
- Tooth extraction services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental implant services
Set Up an Appointment by Calling Lovett Dental North Heights
It only takes a few minutes to set up a consultation with our orthodontics team to learn more about braces for kids. A consultation like this can provide you with insight into what benefits your child may see from the use of braces. Reach out to Lovett Dental North Heights by calling 832-617-5531 or connecting with us online now.